eOne has another version called Extender Enterprise. It has more features than Microsoft Extender.
Even if you are using GP 10, install the Extender Enterprise for GP 2010.
The most updated version can be found here
If you have already installed the Microsoft Extender, and need to upgrade to the eOne Enterprise Extender, follow the instructions here
If you are unable to login to your company because extender can't find certain tables, or you are getting an error saying some tables are the wrong version, follow these instructions to ensure you have completed the install correctly
Before doing any of this, you should backup or export your extender customizations/data. You may or may not be able to import them in, so be prepared to rebuild them if you have to.
- Rename the EXTUD.dic to EXTUD.old in your Program Files\Microsoft dynamics\GP\ folder
- Run the latest Extender Enterprise install (ExtenderEnterprise11.msi) and point it to your GP folder
- It will extract the Extender chunk file to that location
- Run GP, it will prompt to add new code, do so, ignore all errors
- It should then prompt you to create all tables, say yes
- Once it's finished, Restart GP
- If you get any errors, go to GP>Maintenance>SQL
- Select the old company database that is giving trouble
- Select the Extender product
- Select all tables
- Tick "drop tables", "create tables", "drop auto procedure" and "create auto procedure"
- This will wipe out ALL Extender customizations for the company, and ALL data in the extender fields. Make sure you backup whatever you need first.
- This will reset all of the tables in that company to the current version of extender that is installed