1) Go to Cards>Item>Item Maintenance
Click on the flyout in the top right hand corner, go to Item Engineering Data
Tick the "Calculate MRP" box
2) Ensure that the following options are configured for each item/site combination.
In the Cards>Inventory> Item Resource Planning Maintenance Window
FOR EACH SITE that uses the item,
(including work centers if your sub-assemblies are moving through work centers)
ensure the following
- "Calculate MRP for this Item/Site" is ticked
- Order Policy is set to Lot for Lot
- Replenishment Method is Make or Buy
If you need to do this for many items, you can use the
Cards>Inventory> Site Resource Planning Maintenance Window instead.
Simply choose your site and set the options and click save to update all items within that site.
3) Create your first MO of your final product you want to kick off the sub-assembly MRP suggestions
You should use Backward Infinite for the scheduling since you are starting at the final product, and all sub-assemblies should occur before assembly of your final product.
4) Run your MRP regeneration to calculate the Suggested MO's.
Ensure that the time span you have selected includes the due date of the MO.
4) To view the Suggested MO's go to
MRP Quantities Query, hit refresh
or MRP Pegging Inquiry, hit refresh
5) Double click on your Suggested MO and transfer it to a real MO.
The MRP will only suggest MO's for a single level down into the Subassemblies.
A requires B requires C
MO for A, then run MRP = Suggested MO for B ONLY
Transfer Suggested MO for B to MO, the run MRP again = Suggested MO for C ONLY